We welcome players of all ages, gender, backgrounds and levels of experience.
Our existing players range in age from 18 to 47. Some players had never kicked a football before their first training session. Some are exceptional and you will learn a lot.
All you need to bring to your first Breakaways session is your enthusiasm (and always a sense of humour).
2021 … all I wanna be
Training Schedules & Events
We welcome new recruits to the Breakaways all year round. The Breakaways Home ground & Training facility is Mahoney Oval, Wharf St, Marrickville
- Official Training commences – 6:30pm Thursday 14 January 2020
- then Tues & Thur nights (6:30-8:30pm)
- Casual Kick to Kick (K2K) – every Thursday from 6:30pm
- Mahoney Oval – Wharf St, Marrickville
Newtown Breakaways train rain, hail or shine but if ground closures are enforced by the council, an alternate gym session will be arranged and updates provided on the public facebook page.
We look forward to seeing you!
Some key dates for your diary:
- Kick 2 Kick (commences – Thus 29th Oct 2020)
- K2K Break (Thu 24 & 31 Dec only) (although nothing stopping you going for a kick – no one will be using the oval)
- Full Breakaways Club Training commences – 6:30 Thus 14 Jan 2020
- Breakaways Club Training will be held – Tuesday & Thursday nights 6:30-8:30 at Mahoney Oval, Wharf Rd, Marrickville
- NBFC AGM – TBA February, Salisbury Hotel
- Breakaways Pre-season Challenge Carnival – Mahoney (Men: Sat 20 March / Women: Sun 21 March)
- Newtown Breakaways Club Guernsey Presentation – Sun 14 March, Salisbury Hotel