We welcome players of all ages, gender, backgrounds and levels of experience.
Our existing players range in age from 18 to 47. Some players had never kicked a football before their first training session. Some are exceptional and you will learn a lot.
All you need to bring to your first Breakaways session is your enthusiasm (and sometimes a sense of humour).
2020 … all I wanna be – Training Schedules
We welcome new recruits to the Breakaways all year round. The Breakaways Home ground & Training facility is Mahoney Oval, Wharf St, Marrickville
- Official Training commences – 6:30pm Thursday 16 January 2020
- then Tues & Thur nights (6:30-8:30pm)
- Casual Kick to Kick (K2K) – every Thursday from 6:30pm
- Mahoney Oval – Wharf St, Marrickville
Newtown Breakaways train rain, hail or shine but if ground closures are enforced by the council, an alternate gym session will be arranged and updates provided on the public facebook page.
We look forward to seeing you!
Some key dates for your diary:
- K2K break (19 Dec last night 2019 & recommences – Thus 9th Jan 2020) – although nothing stopping you going for a casual kick … no one will be using the oval.
- K2K recommences – Thus 9th Jan 2020 (from 6:30pm) at Mahoney (although nothing stopping you going for a kick – no one will be using the oval)
- Full Breakaways Club Training commences – 6:30 Thus 16 Jan 2020
- Breakaways Club Training will be held – Tuesday & Thursday nights 6:30-8:30 at Mahoney Oval, Wharf Rd, Marrickville
- Mardi Gras Fair Day – Recruitment Booth Sun 16 Feb, Victoria Park
- NBFC AGM – is to be held 3pm Sat 22 Feb, Salisbury Hotel
- Breakaways Pre-season Challenge Carnival – Henson Park Sun 15 March
- Newtown Breakaways Club Guernsey Presentation – Sun 29 March, Salisbury Hotel